Cute names for pet plants, snake plant names, catchy names for plants, funny names for trees: It’s true that naming a plant isn’t so necessary that one needs to think about it, but you must need to think twice that plants and tress you grow is not only for decoration but it has a very important purpose and act as a family member only by providing oxygen, beautiful environment and energy.
Moroever, you must have noticed that, after you got the plants for the first time in your home, it is also giving you a sense of relaxation, calmness and peace.
So, one is doing so many things and becomes soo important in life, then it is mandatory cause to name your plant or tree to have more attachment and care towards it.
If you are also thinking the same and looking out for the best and funny names for trees and plants, then you have landed to the right place, as here we have listed out most funny names for trees and plants. Without any further delay let’s jump in and explore.
Funny Names for Trees
As said earlier, your flowering or non flowering plants or trees don’t need any moniker to help them in growth, just having a funny and engaging name for your plant or tree makes you feel very attached as a gardener and there by the more caring nature towards it.
Let’s have a look at the best and funny names for trees and plants.
1. Avocado (Spanish Origin) a soft green fruit – the irony of this one makes it funny.
2. Dia (English origin) inspired by the genus of cacti.
3. Jim (English Origin) meaning “supplant”.
4. Katniss, for fans of ‘The Hunger Games’.
5. Oxalis, a type of cacti found in Brazil and Mexico.
6. Pointy, meaning “sharp point”.
7. Pearl (English Origin) this is a cactus grown in hanging baskets.
8. Ruby (English Origin) the leaves of this plant blush in red color.
9. Ruff (German Origin) meaning “red haired”.
10. Spike (American Origin) meaning “long” or “heavy nail”.
11. Woody (American Origin) meaning “cartoonish” or”tree”.
24. Mousetail, a plant with deep maroon blooms with tail-like tips.
25. Orlando Bloom, the perfect name for flowering plants.
26. Rihana (Irish Origin) meaning “sweet basil”.
27. Selma (Multiple Origin) meaning “peaceful”.
28. Skunk Cabbage, the name of a unique plant that emits enough heat to melt snow.
29. Shaggy Soldier, a plant that resembles the Dahlia.
30. Sneezewort (Multiple origins) after the flower that makes you sneeze.
31. Sherwood, (English origin) means “bright forest”.
32. Sticky, after a sticky flowering plant.
33. Sweetie (English origin) meaning “sweet or gentle’.
34. Azul (Spanish origin) meaning “the color blue”.
35. Burnie Sanders, a punny name for your aloe that can heal burns.
36. Canoe (English origin) a succulent name meaning “snake plant”.
37. Goldie (English origin) meaning “made of gold”.
38. Goodie (English origin) meaning “good”.
39. Greenie (English origin) meaning “natural”.
40. Lola (Multiple origins) meaning “sorrows”.
41. Meadow (American origin) meaning “field of grass or vegetation”.
42. Melonie, a hilarious name for a plant with stripes like a watermelon.
43. Plum (Multiple origins) meaning “capacity or limit”.
44. Sakura (Japanese origin) meaning “cherry blossom”.
45. Sylvia (English origin) a thorny plant found in the woods.
46.Topaz (English origin) meaning “golden gem”.
47. Barbara (Greek origin) meaning “strange”. The ideal name for a weird and wonderful plant.
48. Bruce (English origin) meaning “willowlands”. A great name for a majestic plant.
49. Cheesecake (Greek origin) meaning “thanks”.
50. Christofern, a funny spin on the name Christopher.
51. Creep (English origin) meaning “move slowly or hang heavy”. Use this for your creeper.
52. Edna (Hebrew origin) meaning “rebirth”. Great for a resilient plant.
53. Gillyweed, after the magical plant from ‘Harry Potter’ that lets you breathe underwater.
54. Mark (English origin) meaning “polite” or “shining”.
55. Marty, a great name for your zebra plant if you love animated movies, especially ‘Madagascar’!
56. Morgan Treeman, because we can only imagine how regal a tree named after this star will look!
57. Medusa, the perfect name for a snake plant.
58. Nervous Nancy, a great name to give your nerve plant.
59. Pauline (Multiple origins) meaning “humble to small”.
60. Peanut Butter (American origin) meaning “happy”. An adorable name for a cute plant.
61. Richard (Hebrew origin) meaning “strong”. For the plant that promises to be hardy!
62. Steve (Greek origin) meaning “victorious”. This plant shall never fail.
63. Bill, the most apt name for a money plant or money tree.
64. Charlotte, the perfect name for your spider plant, after the story ‘Charlotte’s Web’.
65. Chloe (Greek origin) meaning “green shoot”.
66. Taylor Swift (Multiple origins) meaning “eternal beauty”. This celebrity name is bound to make your plant stand out!
Cute Names for Plants
- Button (little succulent)
- Bug Eater (Venus fly trap)
- Chloe, means “green shoot” in Greek
- Esmeralda, means “emerald” in Spanish
- Lily (peace lily)
- Pearl (string of pearls)
- Prickles (cactus)
- Succa (succulent)
- Sunny (aloe vera or sun-loving plant)
- Sylvia/Sylvie, means “forest” in Latin
- Vera (aloe vera plant)
Plant Names for Groups
- The Powerpuff Girls
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Jennifern Aniston, Lisa Could-Grow, and Courtney Pots
- The Golden Girls
- The Chamber of Secrets
- The Fantastic Four
- The Branches
- The Plant Street Girls
- Charlie’s Angels or Charlie’s Plants
- The Sour Patch Plants
- The Supremes
- Destiny’s Child
- Cosmo and Wanda
- Rick and Morty
- Peanut Butter and Jelly