When it comes to naming a baby, parents often look for names that are meaningful, unique, and have a sense of history and tradition. One of the most popular sources of baby names is the Latin language, which has influenced the names of people worldwide for centuries.
Latin baby boy names are known for their classic elegance, rich cultural heritage, and enduring popularity. In this post as we move forward we will explore some of the most popular and meaningful Latin baby boy names and their origins, meanings, and variations.
So, what we are waiting for here, without any further delay let’s dive in deep and explore some of the fantastic and most unique Latin baby boy names from which you can also get inspired and have it for your baby boy too.
Latin Baby Boys Names
Have you deep exposure to awesome and unique Latin baby boy names from which you can choose the best out of the box and can have it for your baby boy.
- Augustus. Renowned as a leader for over two thousand years, Caesar Augustus was the guy who essentially founded the Roman Empire. His name means majestic or magnificent – and quite right too. The perfect Latin name for your little one?
- Aurelian. An emperor known for his military victories. Today, in Latin language countries, Aureliano is still a popular name. It means gold.
- Caesar. Originally more of a title (like today’s ‘king’), Caesar makes a unique Latin baby boy name. We love it.
- Claudius. Shorten it to Claude and you have a cute and sophisticated name for your little son.
- Gordian. Three emperors had this name. It makes for a unique twist on Gordon or Jordan.
- Hadrian. This Latin boy name offers an ancient variation on Adrian.
- Leo. A favorite name for nearly 2000 years. It’s cute, strong, and simple.
- Nero. It can mean black, powerful, or – in Finnish, randomly – genius. It sounds quite lovely too.
- Tacitus. Both an emperor and a historian, the name means quiet. We like it.
- Tiberius. His name comes from the Tiber, the river that goes through Rome.
- Titus. One of the most common Latin names in ancient Rome, it means the title of honor.
- Trajan. A strong name for a very important baby boy. He was known as the best.
- Zeno. A cool, stylish, and strong Latin male name. It means the gift of Zeus.
Cool Latin Baby Boy Names
- Jupiter or Jove. The king of the gods. Yep, Jupiter is a pretty powerful name. Jove, Jupiter’s nickname, is just as strong but slightly more gentle.
- Bacchus. The god of wine and intoxication. The name is unique these days, but with a nobility that we really like.
- Cupid. The god of love and affection.
- Aeneas. Generally an all-round hero, Aeneas was the mythical father of the Romans. Variations on his name – like the Italian Enea – still exist today.
- Mercury. Known as the cleverest of all gods. It makes a beautiful and unique name.
- Neptune. The god of the sea. As a Latin boy’s name, we love it.
- Liber. A unique name that gives us the word for liberty.
- Faunus. The god of nature.
- Phoebus. The name for the god of the sun.
- Mars. Needs no introduction – but it can make an incredibly cool name for a unique baby boy.
- Romulus. Along with his brother Remus (below), he founded Rome. It’s a lovely-sounding name even today.
- Remus. Similarly, a gentle and noble name.
- Vulcan. The god of fire, Vulcan makes for a pretty impressive-sounding Latin name.
Best Classical Latin baby boy names
- Amadeus – to love god.
- Atticus – from the region of Athens. But also the name of one of the best-loved characters in literature, potentially ever.
- Barnabas – son of consolation.
- Brutus – The man Britain is named after.
- Caius – rejoice. It’s pronounced like ‘keys’.
- **Cassius **– empty. The meaning aside, it’s a beautiful Roman name.
- Cato – all-knowing.
- Cirrus – lock of hair. But also the name for the wispy clouds in the sky.
- Clementius (or Clement) – merciful.
- Cornelius – horn.
- Cyprian – man from Cyprus.
- Decimus – the tenth child.
- Emilianus – eager. Emile, Emiliano, or Emilio are all modern alternatives.
- Faustus – lucky.
- Gaius – rejoice.
- Horace – time. A Roman poet.
- Ignatius – fiery one. What a wonderful name!
- Italus – man of Italy.
- Janus – passage or door.
- Julius – youthful. It’s still used in the form of Julian.
- Justus – upright or just.
- Juvenal – youthful.
- Livy – olive tree. A gender-neutral name.
- Lucan – a man from Lucania.
- Lucius – light.
- Magnus – great.
- Maximus – the greatest.
- Octavius – the eighth child.
- Ovid – sheep herder. Not the most compelling name meaning, we know. But he was one of the greatest love poets that ever lived. So, there’s that.
- Paulinus – small.
- Pliny – rich, abundant, perfect.
- Pontius – bridge.
- Ptolemy – war.
- Quintus – the fifth child.
- Roman – strong and powerful. A common name in some parts of the world today.
- Rufus – red-haired.
- Seneca – old.
- Septimus – the seventh child.
- Silvanus – woods.
- Silvius – of the forest.
- Sirius – glowing, scorching. Also, the brightest star in the sky.
- Tarquin – the proud.
- Tatius – honorable.
- Thaddeus – courageous heart.
- Ulysses – wrathful. But the courageous hero of legend.
- Urban – city dweller.
- Virgil – flourishing.
Unique Latin Boy Names
Accius is a Latin origin name of a renowned Roman poet and a literary scholar of the 16th century. The name represents ancient Latin cultural values.
Adrian is a very popular name that came from the Latin names Adrianus or Hadrianus. Its origin is most likely via the former river Adria which means ‘sea’ or ‘water’.
It is a very classic choice with a little variation. Alejandro is a Spanish form of the great ancient Greek name ‘Alexandros’ which means protector of mankind.
It is a short and sweet version of the Greek origin name “Alexandros”, which means man’s defender or warrior. It is a modern twist to the ancient classical name, which will suit your baby.
Alexander is one of the most popular names among boys. It is the Latinized form of the ancient Greek name that means ‘protector of men’, ‘one who defends men’.
Alfonso derived from the word Adelfonsus which means ‘war ready’. The name has Spanish and Italian origin, which was highly influenced by Latino culture.
Andrew is a very classy name for a baby boy. It is the English form of the Greek name Andreas which derived from the word andreios meaning ‘manly, masculine’.
Andy is a cute and adorable name that has become quite popular these days. It is a shorter version of the classic Greek origin name Andrew which means ‘brave’.
As babies are priceless, we have a beautiful name that literally means ‘priceless’. Anton is a cute little name inspired by the ancient Latin word Antonius.
The name was derived from the surname of skilled middle ages archers. The meaning of the name Archer is ‘Bow’, ‘a bowman’. It is a Latin origin name that was later used as a first name after the 19th century.
Attica is an old Roman name that meant the ‘man of Attica’. It was an ancient place in Greece surrounded by Athens. The name has a Greek origin which means ‘shore, maritime place’.
Augustine is a unique masculine name for a boy. The Latin form Augustinus is derived from Augustus, which means ‘the great’, ‘venerable’, and ‘one who commands respect’.
Aurelio is a modern unique name that has a beautiful meaning to it as well. It is a male name of Spanish origin that means ‘Golden’.
Austin is a shorter variant of the ancient name that developed in the middle ages from the Latin word Augustine which means ‘magic’, ‘dignity’ or ‘venerable’.
Balendin could be a unique name for boys. It is a Latin origin name that means ‘being brave, fierce and physically powerful’.
Bellare is a unique boy’s name that depicts struggle. It came from the Latin word which means ‘fight, wage war’.
Babies are blessed by God, and this name would be a blessing to you. It is a masculine name that came from the late Latin word jerru which means ‘blessed’.
Bennett is one of the popular Latino names which came as an alternative to the Latin origin name benedict. It is a beautiful name which means ‘blessed’.
Benito got derived from the Latin word Benedictus. It is a variation of the names like benedict, Bennett, etc., with a similar meaning – ‘blessed’.
Brennus is a beautiful name ideal for boys. It is a Latinized form of a Celtic name that means ‘king’ or ‘prince’.
This is a Latin origin name in honor of John Calvin – the 17th-century French Protestant reformer and was taken up as a tribute to him.
Brennus is a beautiful name ideal for boys. It is a Latinized form of a Celtic name that means ‘king’ or ‘prince’.
Christian refers to the followers of Jesus Christ. It was derived from the Latin word christianus.
Claire is a traditional Latin male name that came from a french word that means ‘bright’, or ‘clear’.
Cornelio is a Spanish origin name derived from a Latin word that means ‘horn’.
Cruz is a modern name of Spanish origin that means ‘cross’, generally referred to as the Christian cross.
It is a famous Latin name derived from the word Dominicus which means ‘belonging to God’.
Dominick is a fun variation of the popular Latin boy’s name Dominic, meaning ‘of our Lord’.
Damon is a Latin word of Greek origin. The name actually meant ‘gentle’.
It is a Spanish name that came from the Latin word didacus. It is a Hispanic version of James, meaning ‘supplanter’.
Morrie is a cute little variant of the famous Latin name Maurice which means ‘dark-skinned’.
Duke is a classic ancient name that is quite popular among boys. The name was derived from the Latin word ‘dux’, meaning ‘leader’.
It is a popular Spanish boy name. Emiliano is the Latinate version of emil which means ‘excellent’.
Emilio is also a variation of the Latin name Emiliano that came from emil, meaning ‘excellent’.
Felicio is derived from the Latin word Felicis. It is the variation of the name Felix which means ‘lucky’ or ‘successful’.
Felix is an original Latin word for ‘happy’ which also means ‘lucky’ or ‘fortunate’.
Fulgencio is a creative Spanish male name derived from the Latin name Fulgentius, which means ‘bright, brilliant’.
Griffin is a good name that defines strength and leadership. It depicts the fierce characteristics of the person. The name is derived from the Latin word Gryphus.
Ignacio is a classic Spanish name that originated from the Latin name “Ignatius”. It was derived from the Latin word “Ignis” which means ‘fire’.
Jove came from the Latin name Jupitar which means ‘the supreme God’.
Juniper is a name of an evergreen tree which was derived from the Latin word Juniperus. It is a combination of word junio and parere which means ‘youth producing’.
Justen is a different version of very popular Latin name Justin. It is a wonderful name which means ‘just, upright, righteous’.
Kajus is a famous Latin name that is derived from Latin word “gaudÄ•o“ which means ‘rejoice, be glad, pleased, enjoy, delight’.
The name originates from the latin name Laurentius derived from word laurus which means ‘a symbol of wisdom and accomplishment’.
It was a Latin personal name for someone who was from Lucania region with the word meaning ‘bright’ or ‘shining’.
The name lucifer is a popular male name that means ‘bearer of light’ or ‘morning star’.
Maxon is an interesting name with an ancient Latin origin that means ‘greatest’.
Monico is a positive name of Spanish origin. The name means ‘advisor, truth’.
Nero is a popular name in history. It was the name of an ancient Roman emperor which meant ‘strong and energetic’.
The name came from the nickname of Middle English and old French. It got derived from the Latin word Nobilis which denotes someone of high moral standards or characteristics.
Oliver is a very popular name derived from the name olivier. The name developed from the Latin word olivarius meaning ‘olive tree’.
Orsan is an ancient name of Latin origin. It is a variant of other Latin names like Orsen, Orson, etc. It actually means a young bear cub’.
Pax is a cute little name that is originally a Latin word that means ‘peace’. It was carried as a name in Roman mythology by the goddess of peace.
Petros is an original Greek word that derived from the word petra which means ‘one who is like a stone’. The more popular Coptic version of the name is Peter.
Phelix is an interesting new variation of an original Latin name, Felix. It is a creative new name for boys which simply means ‘happy’ or ‘lucky’.
The name is a short version of the beautiful word prosperous. It is a Latin origin name for boys which means ‘favourable’.
Quillon is quite a masculine name that means ‘an arm of the cross guard of a sword’. It reflects the strong characteristics of the person. The name originated from a Latin word.
Rey is a cute little Spanish name that means ‘king’. It is derived from the famous Latin word ‘rex’ which also means ‘king’.
Rufin is a quirky and fun name that has a Latin origin. The name got developed in the middle ages and actually means ‘red-haired’.
Sargent got developed from the Latin word ‘serviens’ which literally meant ‘serving’. It is one of the most powerful, yet cute names.
Scorpius is a distinctive name to the very old Latin origin name that was derived from the word Scorpio which is one of the constellations of the zodiac.
Silvano refers to the mythological Greek god of trees. It is a Latin origin name that is unique in its own way.
Sylvester is a popular boy name derived from the Latin adjective silvestris. It is the variant of the classic Latin name meaning ‘wooded’ or ‘wild’.
Terrence is a famous name for boys which is derived from the Latin name Terentius. It is the English version of the name which means ‘smooth’.
Ulysses is the Latinized version of the great hero Odysseus of Greek mythology. He was famed for his courage, intelligence, and leadership.
Valentine is a unisex name that suits both girls and boys. It is derived from the Latin word Valens, which means ‘strong and healthy’.
Valerio was a personal Roman family name derived from the Latin word Valere which means ‘to flourish’, and ‘to be strong and healthy’.
If you want your baby to shine like a star, then why don’t you name him that? Vesper is a Latin origin name that means ‘evening star and evening prayer’.
Vince is a short and catchy name that anybody could remember. It is a modern take on the classic Roman culture. It has a Latin origin that means ‘to conquer’.
Zoilos is a very creative and unique name with a very simple yet significant meaning. It is a Spanish-originated name which means ‘life’.
Conclusion on Latin Baby Boys Names
Latin baby boy names offer a rich selection of meaningful and elegant names for parents to choose from. These names have been popular for centuries and have a strong cultural heritage that adds depth and significance to their meanings.
From the powerful and regal Augustus to the faithful and spiritual Dominic, Latin names offer a diverse range of options that can suit any taste or personality. Parents who choose a Latin name for their baby can give their child a name that is both timeless and modern, classic and unique.
Ultimately, the most important thing when choosing a baby name is to choose a name that resonates with you and your family, and that will bring joy and meaning to your child’s life.
That’s all for this awesome post where you have explored all the Latin names of baby boys, just choose the best name out of the box and have it for your baby boy.
Thank You 🙂